Thursday, June 12, 2014

Zest Bar Cafe @ GLOW by Zinc Penang

Dressed up a little for food review. First of all, thanks Criz for inviting me over for food review, because I hardly get the chance to do food review since I mostly won't be available in Penang during the weekdays. But, ngam ngam the Monday he invited me I had no class, so yeyy, why would I reject such a get-fat opportunity? :p

On this coming father's day, make sure you don't forget your dear daddy hero! Make them feel extra special and pamper him a day of treats at Zest Bar Cafe at GLOW Penang - the newest budget hotel in town!  


The cozy lobby. Loving the colorful space here! The ambiance is good. Gonna check 'em out soon!

Swimming pool is just right beside the cafe. 

Zest Bar Cafe - A contemporary all-day dining cafe serving a selection of delectable Thai fusion dishes. 

They will be having father's day lunch set meals at RM35 nett per pax, from 11:30am-5:00pm on 15th of June 2014

Are you ready to feast your eyes? :P

Starter | Grilled Prawn with Caviar Cream and Salad Roll
Very appetizing starter I had! I honestly love the combination of the prawn, caviar cream and the mango below. Especially loving the ebiko too! My favorite! yumss


Main course | White Pan-fried fillet Seabass
Grilled seabass with Bechamel sauce
I must say their service is good. Cuz once we realized the fish wasn't that well-cooked, they immediately changed the whole main course for us. The taste was overall fine with the combination of potato wedges. The fish is fresh and the sauce is combination of butter, flour and cheese. It tasted pretty fine for me as long as no ''fishy'' taste. The dressing with Thai salad (kelabu mango) awakens my taste buds tough. I like it a lil' bit sweet and sour.


Mains | Yin & Yang Tenderloin
Grilled beef tenderloin with white and black sauce
Tasted only a bite on medium rare one, as it wasn't my choice of main course. FYI, I hardly take beef and not a professional in tasting beef, hence, don't really know how exact the real beef taste like. Overall it was not bad eyh! I could feel the tenderness was just right and the sauce goes well with the beef.

I think if I were to bring my dad here, he will definitely love it lorr, cuz he is a beef lover! Pity him can only eat once in a while outside cuz got Guan Yin Ma at home. lolol

Glow Signature Chicken Club Sandwich at RM18++
Besides main course, we also get to try their signature sandwich. It tasted okay.

Glow Signature Beef Burger at RM22++
I didn't try it though! My stomach was already too fulled after the main course >.< And I don't take beef, so yeahh, just potato wedges for me :p 

Dessert | Avocado Chocolate Trifle
Lastly, who doesn't love desssert!? If you are a chocoholic or avocado lover, you will definitely love this! It's very rich and thick with chocolate and avocado with cream at the bottom. Just the portion was too big for me.

Coffee

Latte 

FREE REFILL for coffee, tea and iced lemon tea.

Seriously, I think their father's day set meals are very reasonable and affordable in terms of price and quality. If you are out of ideas where to eat, I'd recommend you to try out Zest Bar Cafe! And oh, besides father's day deal, they will be having Ramadhan Buffet, too, which can be arranged for groups with minimum of 30 pax booking. Please contact +6017-4882108 for further information.


Once again, thanks GLOW Penang for having me! I had a happy tummy home :D



101, Jalan Macalister, Georgetown
10400 Penang, Malaysia.

No comments: